Why become a member? ×

New Fender 100T vs Orange AD200b - Any opinions???

loveboatcaptain

Hey guys,

So I'm about to move into the all valve world after many years of being a pussy and 'putting up' with hybrids.
I play Ric basses so really it's a must ;). I have always dreamed of blasting my rics through a Fender Bassman and since Fender announched there new vintage style heads, I decided I would make the jump. I really want to get that tube grit/growl paired with my Rics.

I've been waiting and waiting for the Fender 100T to hit the UK and still nothing... I ordered the new Bassman 4x10 cab which I now have sitting at home waiting for a head.

Then after scouring threads etc, the Orange AD200b mk3 caught my attention. I tried one the other day and thought it was great. So now i'm in a muddle... Ad200 or wait for the 100T?

Anyone have either of these amps? Are the Orange head reliable?

• 1 year later...

[quote name='loveboatcaptain' timestamp='1332351787' post='1587182']
Hey guys,

So I'm about to move into the all valve world after many years of being a pussy and 'putting up' with hybrids.
I play Ric basses so really it's a must ;). I have always dreamed of blasting my rics through a Fender Bassman and since Fender announched there new vintage style heads, I decided I would make the jump. I really want to get that tube grit/growl paired with my Rics.

I've been waiting and waiting for the Fender 100T to hit the UK and still nothing... I ordered the new Bassman 4x10 cab which I now have sitting at home waiting for a head.

Then after scouring threads etc, the Orange AD200b mk3 caught my attention. I tried one the other day and thought it was great. So now i'm in a muddle... Ad200 or wait for the 100T?

Anyone have either of these amps? Are the Orange head reliable?
[/quote]

Which amp did you get?

I have the new Bassman 410 neo cab too - and the 100T amp. Just curious to know if we've got the same rig and what your opinion is.

• 2 weeks later...