Why become a member? ×

Sold!!

Bassulike66

Hi all,

Before i go any further with this one i must state that i did not add to this instuments current ailments.

My main intention was to ressurect it and return it to it's former glory.

Please look away now if you are of a nervous dissposition.

1989 EB MM Stingray 4 H 3EQ

The Neck.....

Originally this bass was fretless, at somepoint in its life it had a birdseye maple fretboard fitted (to match the neck!) via The Bass Gallery, while im on the subject i must say that the workmanship is faultless and there are no issues with playabilty. There are some small dings to the back of the neck, again this does not effect the playabilty.

The Body...

Has been spray canned white and is not the greatest finish by a mile. Original colour looks as though it was a red/burgundy finish, this can be seen in the neck pocket when neck is removed.
I was quoted a figure of £120 by a local luthier to return the body to a show room finish.

Electrics...

It came to me with a slight earth hum which i have corrected using copper tape to the rear of the pole peices. There remains some slight crackling to pots when adjusting the tone and volume, im sure a good dose of Deoxit will cure this. (something i will try later today).

If non of the above bothers you in the slightest then your gonna' get a bargain! :D

Apart from the horrors i have listed the bass has a very low action it plays and sounds as a MM should.... plenty of mojo!

Comes with MM hardcase

Looking for £580 shipped. (Uk only).

Paypal gift payment , Bank transfer accepted or cash on collection.

Any try out welcome, bass is located in Brereton in Staffordshire.

Will meet within reasonable distance to me... :D

Please PM me for more detailed pics.

[attachment=102747:white stingray 002.jpg] [attachment=102748:white stingray 003.jpg]
[attachment=102749:white stingray 005.jpg]

Edited by Bassulike66