Why become a member? ×

FS Sandberg Basic 4 string. SOLD.

Mumbles87

Hi up for sale i have my excellent Sandberg basic 4 in cherry/red burst. I bought the bass in November last year from PMT in Bristol. It is in great condition except for one little nick on the lower horn, the pictures below show the mark. The bass itself is brilliant to play, the satin neck is great and the bass is also very well balanced. The bass comes with the original sandberg hard/soft case. The colour of the bass is gorgeous as well, the first picture does the most justice to the actual colour, whereas the third picture makes it look more tobacco burst which isn't right at all, sorry i am terrible with a camera.

I am based in Stoke on trent and anyones more than welcome to come give the bass a try first.

I am looking for about £725 posted given the age and condition of the bass, though i am open to offers.

Here are the basic specs listed from their site:

6 x bolted / canadian hardrock maple neck
1 Sandbergy powerhumbucker
Sandberg 3-band active/ passive eq.

[attachment=102568:P1000210.JPG]
[attachment=102570:P1000195.JPG]
[attachment=102578:P1000155.JPG]

Also a nice video demonstraing the bass. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZhyyz2feNs[/media]

Thanks for looking.

Awesome, awesome basses! Bought my first one about a year ago, and I've since sold everything else and I've got two of them and a Basic Ken Taylor 5 string.

They are fantastic, handbuilt basses, and the preamp is a Glockenklang with passive bypass. The necks are so slim and comfortable, and they are effortless to play.

This colour is Redburst; the cherry burst one is more amber in the middle and red on the outside.

Another quite good vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXYg27suUoE&sns=em

Best of luck with the sale, I really can't praise these basses highly enough!

I have one of these and can fully endorse what's been said. They are superb basses and a joy to play. It's unfortunate that Sandberg call this "The Basic" as it's anything but 'basic'. They are beautifully made and the EQ is very flexible. There are no over-the-top tone settings here and the bass can be made to sound like anything you want it to just by subtle EQing and altering plucking position. Whoever gets this bass will not be disappointed.

Best of luck with the sale

• 2 weeks later...