Why become a member? ×

Ashdown mk500 head - fuse blowing?!

Leetav

Hi all, anyone who's going to the London Bass show - have a blast damn you!

I've recently acquired an Ashdown mk500 head. Great sound. Used for two gigs and blew me away. But...

...Last night it seemed to blow a fuse. Taking it apart, it's two fuses (fs2 and fs3) on the bass magnifier output that have blown. My worry is that quite a few articles on google are popping up with varying ashdown amps saying that when the fuse is being replaced, it keeps blowing them.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have any previous experiences with ashdown and/or these amps?

Gutted :( however it does let me plug an xlr from the pre-amp to the pa so i can use it that way. But I want to resolve the fuse issue. And I have no idea why it blew in the first place.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated :D

Lee

If you are replacing fuses with the same type and they are still blowing then there is either a design flaw or a defect.
You really need to direct this question to Ashdown as you can't do anything about the former and should still have warranty to cover the latter.

For what it's worth, I'm guessing that there is a fault on the amp - if it were a design flaw then Ashdown would have had thousands of these amps going back for upgrades.