Why become a member? ×

SOLD

dudewheresmybass89

For sale is my Ibanez BTB 406QM Fretless bass. Unfortunately due to lack of funds/job, i'm having to sell this bad boy! It was originally a fretted bass, which i bought on this very forum, however i had the neck de-fretted and it plays wonderfully!

Ibanez Say:

[font=Arial, Verdana,]The concepts behind boutique basses are often justification for making them extremely expensive. With the advent of the BTB, Ibanez decided that these same concepts of well-selected body materials, 35" neck scale, and deep cutaways could be applied to an instrument that anyone could afford.

The BTB Series comes with a fuller body and neck, with more passive pickups for better quality tone and sustain. Also, BTB basses feature Neutrik locking jacks and Monorail II bridges so the strings are independent, and do not interfere with each other as they vibrate. If it's subtlety you're going for, the studio-quiet Vari-Mid 3B EQ allows you to modify and color your tones as much or as little as you want. And don't forget about the 18 volt circuitry that provides much greater headroom than found on standard active EQs.[/font]
[url="http://www.electromusic.co.uk/Ibanez-BTB-406-6-string.html"]http://www.electromu...6-6-string.html[/url]

the bass has no real dings and is in very good condition, retails for £475 with frets, mods cost £100, i'd be looking for about £280.

Any takers?

Edited by dudewheresmybass89

well, i think that the bass plays very well!! i prefer a low action, so this is really a fast bass. the electronics are all sound and balanced very well (like most btbs) and it's massive live, due to the active nature of the btb. You can't really go wrong if you want clarity either, as you can dial the bass/mid/treble to whichever sound you'd prefer.

The fretless neck teamed with the flatwounds also produce a darker tone as expected, so if you already have your own 676, then a fretless 406 is quite nice to combine with your 676, because then you'd have most of your bases (no pun intended) covered when it comes to appropriate style and tone.

also it's just really good fun to mess around with!:)

i'll add the pictures for you tomorrow!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...