Why become a member? ×

Which Acoustic Bass? Ibanez EWB30 or Takamine Jasmine ES100-M?

gadget

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to buy an acoustic bass, and wanted to know your opininions on the Ibanez EWB30 and the Takamine Jasmine ES100-M?

Anyone played either? Both??

They are both available at the same price 'used', but I can't try them against each other, so I wanted to know what you guys think of them?

I used to own a Takamine Jasmine Acoustic 6 string, and it was great. Well built and great tone, but as with most cheaper makes, they can be inconsisitant.

My ultimate acoustic bass would be a 5 string Tacoma Thunderchief, but they are significantly more expensive! So whilst I do not expect these to reach that level, I do still hope for the best?

Which would you choose and why??

Thanks in advance.

Regards
G!

Do you want to be able to play it fully acoustic or are you going to amplify it all the time? If it's the former then check out their volumne unplugged, if it's the latter then plug 'em in and see which one you prefer the tone of. I mainly play fully acoustic so I use a Thunderchief four string because it's got the natural projection I need.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...