Why become a member? ×

Replacing the MM pickups & preamp in an Aria IGB-68 - suggestions?

mr bassie

This beaut was my first "proper" bass (the bass before this one was a huge heavy lump that could have killed a packhorse either though weight or sound)

Sadly I now realise it sounds better without the active electronics on :D - but I'm convinced its a nice piece of wood and that it has potential to sound great

does anyone have any suggestions for a pickup/preamp combo? I play finger style old school stuff

n/b all for suggestions will be automatically prefixed with IMHO, no posts will be considered legally binding ;)

this is the current control system

Controls : Volume x 1, Active Treble x 1, Active Middle x 1,Active Bass x 1, Series/ Parallel Switch x 1, Bypass Switch x 1

That looks like a really nice ash body, Agree with prime Bass on the Nordstand pup I have a 5.1 in my project and it sounds good with the ACG filter amp
(made by east) which I can recommend if you can get your head round the way it works.

Also used an Aguilar obp2 which is only bass/treble but works well at 9 or 18v, maybe the obp3? a bit cheaper than the ACG

Andy