Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sellisnba

Hi all
This is my first post on this particular forum so be gentle. Recently i decided to take up bass after wasting far to long trying the guitar. I live in exeter and after a lot of searching and getting nowhere looking for a tutor i decided to look for online tutoring.

I have found a few sites online (basslessonsonline,studybass) but on both sites they put a lot of emphasis on having a 121 (real life) tutor, My question is what if i can't get,find,afford a tutor.
Will taking the online course's be a waste of time or can i learn just as much by using them? I would like to find a tutor but with most people charging around £25 an hour i can't justify that kind of outlay, also from previous experience (guitar) i have found that 75% of "tutors" are just people trying to make a quick buck.
Any help on this topic is much appreciated.
Thanks

Jake Newman (jakenewmanbass on here) does Skype-based 121 lessons I believe. I know of one BC member who's had Skype lessons from Jake to great effect.

I've had lessons from Jake, he's a truly superb teacher (former Head of Bass at Salford) , and an awe-inspiring player with top flight professional credentials (toured with some of Zappa's band, and many others). He's not expensive either. He's also one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Send him a PM mate.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1329145320' post='1537749']
Jake Newman (jakenewmanbass on here) does Skype-based 121 lessons I believe. I know of one BC member who's had Skype lessons from Jake to great effect.

I've had lessons from Jake, he's a truly superb teacher (former Head of Bass at Salford) , and an awe-inspiring player with top flight professional credentials (toured with some of Zappa's band, and many others). He's not expensive either. He's also one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Send him a PM mate.
[/quote]

+2