Why become a member? ×

Antigua Precision rebuild

steve

After holding back for aaaaaages, I finally succumbed once I'd sold my old rig, and bought Gareths Antigua Body and Pickguard. I then scored a '77 pick up on ebay and so I'm after Fender bits from the late 70's to complete the project.

MY initial plan is to get the bass giggable, but none of the necks from my bitsa P's (or J's for that matter) fit the neck pocket, so I'm on the lookout for a neck that will fit the 70's fender P neck pocket.... here ends any experience I have so any advice on what options I have for suitable necks would be appreciated.

I'll get some pics up of the body and guard soon, but I'm sure anyone who's interested will have seen them in Gareths sales threads

so here's what I have so far.....

[attachment=99563:IMAG0551.jpg]

body, pg and pups are all late 70's.

I'm going to have a forage in all the boxes in my loft, I'm sure I'll be able to find some bits, and also have a look at what I can scavenge off my other project basses. Watch this space......

• 2 weeks later...

so here's what i have now

body, guard, pickups, knobs and one of the pots are late 70's, neck & tuners are late 90's CIJ

tried it with the band t'other night and sounded great, very deep but somehow more distinct than my highway.

It's a bit on the heavy side, and the action is still a tad higher than I'd like, but all in all, so far so good.

If anyone is flogging any late 70's parts I'm missing, give me a shout