Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBT500H bass amp !!!SOLD!!!

dutchman

OK, Ive had this amp for a few years now and has been in a rack the whole time.

For the most part, it works well. The only problem is the 'sound type' knob doesn't seem to be going all the way up and down. ie. you cant select flat or fuzz. I'm not sure if its just the knob or its the electronics that are stopping it. (i saved the fuzz sound on one of the savable setting so it is selectable) But to be honest i didn't really use the flat setting anyway.

Other then that. its awesome. the compressor on this thing is amazing! the changeable centre frequencies of the eq are really handy, as are the 5 memory switches to save your sound!

comes with rack ears and owners manual.

2 OHMS - 500W
4 OHMS - 240W
CLASS 2 WIRING

£100. And i'll ship for another £5! (its less the 5kg)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gH-YwM7Q8g[/media]

Edited by dutchman

yeah sure!
there are 11 sound types
Flat
Tube
Solid
R&B
Vintage
Modern
Classic
Heavy
Drive
Dist
Fuzz

its just an amp modeling thing. one has to be selected then you can Eq that sound!

The only problem is when you turn the knob, it doesnt go to the first 'flat', and the last 'fuzz'. So you cant select them two!
Thats why the price is so low!

All the others are still there! I always use vintage or modern personally.

Basically you have to play thru' a preset sound type. The flat setting on mine doesn't work either but I doubt very much whether you would use the fuzz of flat settings anyway. You can then dial in a sound that you like and then save to the user pre-set section if you want to. That part is really handy as you can save a "mute" pre-set for silent tuning on stage.
I use mine exclusively on the modern setting with the amp in manual mode and eq it from there like you would any normal amp. The Yamaha has been my only amp and I've gigged it with a Jazz,P and an Ibanez Blazer and it works really well the three of them.
Like the OP says the onboard comp works well and it has extra features to customize it to how you like it.
In closing, the very slight fault is probably something that you wouldn't use anyway, at least From experience I wouldn't.
Cheers.

Edited by kennyrodg

further to, and for anoraks like me who spend hours on things that don't matter, the 'sound type' control is theoretically simply mended with a burst of proper cleaner. however , the practice is not for the faint-hearted. the control is in fact a sealed 10k pot with lumps built into the rotation to simulate a switch. all you have to do is to get at it by taking all the knobs off, remove the pot fixing nuts and metal panel face panel ( the true anorak will of course thoroughly clean this to make it sound better), which will reveal the sound type control. you will notice it is a sealed pot so you can either be sensible and put it all back together and go down the pub, or you can laboriously desolder it, destroy the little rivets holding it together, squirt [u]proper[/u] pot cleaner in and put it back together. i used bits of solid core copper wire for new rivets. solder it back in, reassemble everything and be amazed that you now have 2 extra sounds that you won't use. but my soul is cleansed.

Alright, no need to show off LOL :lol:
I just re coned my 210 today to 4ohm so I can pair it my other 4ohm cab and run them together with the yammy.
I really like mine, I've just bought a GK MB200 for rehearsal and the "modern" setting is equally on a par with the GK.
I hope you enjoy it. B)

not that clever. perhaps i should mention taking out a few components when the hole saw went through quicker than i expected. ouch.
sounds like you are practical enough to do the control if you think it's worth it. i did it cos it annoyed me and don't get out enough.
i like the amp, not sure about all the programmable facilities, sounds fine as it is.