Why become a member? ×

Ashton vs Eden..

VTypeV4

I've seen a number of arguments, debates, bitching etc regarding this subject on TB but no one seems to have conclusivley nailed it..

Is the Ashton/Fame amplifier the same as the Eden E300T?

Lots of people on TB are suggesting they are..

BUT..

Surpise, on the Eden forum they're all saying its not..

I personally aren't really fussed either way but it would be nice to know if anyone has any further insight?

Matt B)

Preamp is tweaked, possibly as crudely as putting a lower gain valve in to make it seem a bit gutless, but more likely some component values changed, had aprat and photoed the Ashton one for my blog, give some people who are curious something to work with: [url="http://ampstack.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/ashton-bv300-guts-cheap-modern-300w-valve-amp/"]http://ampstack.word...300w-valve-amp/[/url]

Edit: trying to find insides of the Eden one just takes me back to my own blog.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

Cheers Mr F..

I too tried to find the guts of the Eden but to no avail although there was a few of the Ashton..

The people on the Eden forum seemed rather upset that their Eden amplifier might -probably is as suggested- well be pretty much the same amp as the Ashton and indeed built in the same factory. I don't see the problem personally as I can't find any horror stories about them and plenty of people have good things to say about them, myself included. Like every amp ever discussed on here, not to everyones tastes but hey ho..

Does anyone have an Eden on here?