Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ampeg SVT-3 Pro (USA) in 3U rack case - £425

mike257

Hi folks,

Replacing my tatty old thread as this is definitely for sale now.

I'm selling my Ampeg SVT-3 Pro head which I've owned from new in late 2006. It's USA built (production packed up and moved east not long after this was made). It's always been cased up, and served me well on gigs and recording sessions. Serviced by Panic Music (offical Ampeg service agents for the UK) before a tour in '07, never had any reliability issues with it.

Cosmetically it's good apart from two small issues. There's two small scuffs on the front panel that I did hooking the front on one of those stupid Gator rack cases on the [i]first[/i] day I bought the thing :rolleyes: I've made no attempt to cover them in the pics so you can see the knocks, but with a dash of black paint/marker/nail varnish (take your pick!) they'd be near enough invisible. The other issue is that at some point it's had a knock to the back and lost the knob on the DI output level control. The shaft is still there and the pot (incl. the push/pull ground lift) is still completely functional, it's just missing the knob.

Aside from that, it's clean, tidy and in good cosmetic shape. Great tone, can really grind when you push it, or clean up nice when you need it to. Never ran out of volume with the various speaker combinations I've tried it with, done small gigs with a single 15, right up to the 810 fridge on bigger shows and it's always performed.

It's currently living in a good, sturdy and cosmetically clean Citronics 3U rack case, which I'd be happy to include in the sale. Just checked it out and these cases retail at around £80.

Here's the specs from Ampeg's website:

[b]RMS Power Output (8 Ohms):[/b] 275-Watts
[b]RMS Power Output (4 Ohms):[/b] 450-Watts
[b]Preamp:[/b] Tubes (3 x 12AX7)
[b]Driver Tubes:[/b] 1 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7
[b]Power Amp:[/b] Solid-State
[b]Tone Controls:[/b] 3-Band
[b]Mid Tone Control:[/b] 5-Position
[b]Graphic EQ:[/b] Yes, 9-Band
[b]Ultra Low/High Boosts:[/b] Yes
[b]Balanced Line Out:[/b] Yes, Pre/Post with Ground Lift and Level
[b]Effects Loop:[/b] Yes
[b]Preamp Out/Power Amp In:[/b] Yes
[b]Dimensions (W x H x D inches):[/b] 19 x 3.5 x 15.5
[b]Weight:[/b] 26 Pounds

I'm in Liverpool, so happy for you to collect if you're local enough. Alternatively I can meet within a reasonable distance for petrol costs, or will pack it up and courier it at the buyers expense. Reckon this would be £15-£20 via Interparcel.

I'm only reluctantly moving this on as I'm in need of a giggable six-string setup and am waiting to relieve Mr Foxen of a nice guitar head, will be sad to see it go!

Pics:

[attachment=98040:IMAG0867.jpg] [attachment=98041:IMAG0868.jpg] [attachment=98042:IMAG0869.jpg] [attachment=98043:IMAG0870.jpg]

[attachment=98044:IMAG0871.jpg] [attachment=98045:IMAG0872.jpg] [attachment=98048:IMAG0875.jpg] [attachment=98049:IMAG0876.jpg] [attachment=98047:IMAG0874.jpg]

[attachment=98037:IMAG0865.jpg] [attachment=98039:IMAG0866.jpg] [attachment=98046:IMAG0873.jpg] [attachment=98050:IMAG0877.jpg]

Reply in the thread here or drop me a PM if you're interested!

Cheers,

Mike

[b]EDIT: Sold outside of BC - cheers for all the interest folks :)[/b]

Edited by mike257