Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

EDIT EBS HD 350 AND NEO212 - HEAD FS/FT, CAB NOT SO SURE...

nottswarwick

EDIT - SEE LAST POST - HEAD FOR SALE OR TRADE> UNDECIDED ABOUT CAB>

Hi

Got a HD 350 (in the EBS case) and a NEO 212 cab. I think it is great gear, and I really like it a lot.

The only thing that niggles at me is that it is a lot more "hifi" than I am used to, which can be a good thing. However, much as I love it, I am not "in" love with it.

More than happy to keep it, but I thought I would gauge on here if there would be any interest in any of it. If so, I might be persuaded to get rid and go for something a little "warmer" sounding.....

If it came to it, I would be looking at something like £800 for the pair, or £400 each ish....... possible trades....

Chris

Edited by nottswarwick

Well well well.

Listened to a bit of stuff this afternoon. The unavoidable outcome seems to be that the GK MB200 is awesome, and to my ears at least sounds "better" than the EBS head.

To qualify this, I will say that the HD 350 is clearly a more powerful beast, and has an excellent sound to it, very hifi and aggressive if required, but also able to be solid and mellow and deep. But then it should, they are bloody expensive new.

The GK is just simple and deep and clear. Amazing for a nats over £200!

I tried them both through my EBS Neo 212, and have to say it is one hell of a cab.

So, as it stands, I think I my offer the HD350 for formal sale, racked up in the EBS carpeted rack box (expensive in itself). It is the version that will drive a 2 ohm load, and is in excellent condition, with no issues at all, 100% fully functional etc etc.

I want £400. based in Nottingham. Worth every penny, given its condition and the rack case.

I will trade for a GK MB500, with perhaps a tad of cash to me.

Chris

Chris,

I'd be interested in your HD350 as I'm trying to build a lighter weight EBS set up. I've currently got an older Gorm 210 combo and love it but get very irritated by the prospect of lugging it up stairs.

This is not much help really as I'd need to shift the combo and simultaneously get hold of a NEO 210.

I'll get on it, meanwhile good luck,

Kevin