Why become a member? ×

A little theory help guys

MusicLover20015

If there is a flat which is an accidental so lets say in the key which has one flat which 1 flat and then theres a Cb for the rest of the bar is the 'C' Flat so if i had C C Cb Cb C C

would the first 2 be natural C's (Normal) and the rest Would be flats untill end of bar or a natural sign ?

Also what note is 3 stave lines up on bass cleff from the top, im pretty sure its an E but any confirmation would help

Thakns

[quote name='MusicLover20015' timestamp='1326997580' post='1505017']
If there is a flat which is an accidental so lets say in the key which has one flat which 1 flat and then theres a Cb for the rest of the bar is the 'C' Flat so if i had C C Cb Cb C C

would the first 2 be natural C's (Normal) and the rest Would be flats untill end of bar or a natural sign ?

Also what note is 3 stave lines up on bass cleff from the top, im pretty sure its an E but any confirmation would help

Thakns
[/quote]

Generally speaking yes, but, have the 2 Cb you've written both got accidental signs written in front?

If so, i'd take the two following C's as C's. Although they really should have a natural sign if they are.

I have seen this sort of thing written out before but its not common ime.

The 3rd ledger line is a G. 12th fret on your high G string. 2nd ledger line is an E

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1326997837' post='1505026']
Generally speaking yes, but, have the 2 Cb you've written both got accidental signs written in front?

If so, i'd take the two following C's as C's. Although they really should have a natural sign if they are.

I have seen this sort of thing written out before but its not common ime.

The 3rd ledger line is a G. 12th fret on your high G string. 2nd ledger line is an E
[/quote]

Well i'm in Eb Major as the key signature indicates and im playing an old kind of shuffle in 12/8 And i have a Cb then i have a rest and then another C but that does not have any Natural or Flat sign on it. So i mean i supposed it was going to carry on flat untill the end of the bar