Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hiwatt Maxwatt B410

Pow_22

Theres is a notoriously cheap/low end musoc shop here in Manc called Chase. They are advertisin the above cab on ebay at just over £230. Ive emailed to ask if they have them
im the shop for me to go and have a try on saturday but just wondered if any other BCers had come across one? I fully understand theyll be a cheap far eastern cab with a Hiwatt badge slapped on but they are nice looking and a 400w 410 could be very usefull for me to have sitting in the studio. Cant link right now as im on me iphone but a quick ebay search should bring then up.

Cheers,

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHASE-CABINET-BASS-GUITAR-SPEAKER-CAB-400-W-HIWATT-B410-/390319920492?pt=UK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL&hash=item5ae0e1556c"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHASE-CABINET-BASS-GUITAR-SPEAKER-CAB-400-W-HIWATT-B410-/390319920492?pt=UK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL&hash=item5ae0e1556c[/url]

This is it. Going having a look on saturday while im in town. No-one tried/heard one then?

Mixed views havin looked at the cab. Whilst it felt weighty and looked well finished the drivers seemed a bit cheap. When i took the grill off and tested the speaker (this was before id even turned the amp on) by pushin them the centre of the speaker i.e the 'dome' part just scrunched one first touch. Severely dented and mashed up, should this happen?. I then plugged in thru the very impressive maxwatt matchin head. The cab sounded a bit 'light', not much bottom end but then i didnt really crank it too much. Main concern was the speaker centre crumpling like that, my cab is in the studio so cant compare at the mo but would this indicate poor quality drivers?