Why become a member? ×

For Sale Hofner 500/1 CT Violin Bass - immaculate condition

Dr H

Hello BCers

I've recently bought a Hofner V63 reissue through this forum (thanks Pablo) and so my 500/1 Contemporary and vintage Hofner case (green interior) is now for sale.

The bass is the typical 1964 spec with bound neck and finished in an attractive dark tobacco sunburst (when viewed alongside my V63, it's virtually indistinguishable), which is in immaculate (as new) condition with no scratches or buckle rash, etc. All plastic and metal fittings are clean and unscratched/untarnished. The bass has been used for practice and only lightly gigged so has been cosseted.

The bass has been fitted with white teacup knobs and is strung with flats.

The umlauts on the logo on the headstock have been 'inked out' to mimic the older logo, but the bass will be sold with a plastic Hofner raised logo if the buyer wants to make the bass a more authentic 1964-type model (this logo is now sold out at North Coast Music and no more will be available from that source).

The shaped Hofner case is slightly older (ca. 7 years) and is slightly road worn to the exterior (slight scuffing but in very good, sturdy condition) and lacks its key, but the catches are complete and working.

I've monitored EBay, retail prices and have taken advice from more experienced members on the Forum and I'd like to ask £420 ($650) plus shipping (and associated fees if using PayPal). So the opportunity to buy an 'as new' bass at a substantial saving.

I am happy to deliver to my local area and the SE of England (Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire/Kent/London) if the travel costs are met or to use your preferred shipper/courier.

Please PM me if interested.

Ian

Hello BCers

No great interest in response to my ad. so perhaps it's pitched at too high a price?

Before I put the bass on EBay the price is now reduced to £375 ($580) ono for the Hofner 500/1 CT plus Hofner case.

Please PM me if interested.

Thank you.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...