Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

Skezza

I recently bought a mint EBS neoline 2 x 10 at a bargain price.

The reason being the previous owner had taken out the EBS speakers to fit in another cab and fitted a pair of oldish Fanes 10 inch 'bass speakers' which are so heavy it makes the total weight of the cab close to 30kg

I have intended to remove the Fanes and then replace them with a pair of new Celestion neo 10 300 watters making a standalone 4ohm 600 watt cab

but when i started playing through these speakers with an old sound city valve amp they sounded pretty good

I am tempted to leave them in for a while but I do not know their power handling. Neither did the previous owner.

The speakers have thick cast metal frames big flat magnets with a sticker saying Fane Loudspeakers made in Batley Yorkshire
Rectangular spring loaded wire clamps with impedance stuck on them on a little yellow sticker (16ohm)
there are two codes on the frame 104143 that is on both speakers and then 834/89 and 843/89 on the two
one cone has the number 100 in white
across the cone is the word ACOUSTECH

any advice would be helpful

skez

Edited by Skezza

I would keep them there if I were you.Sorry I can't help you with info about them,other than that I've heard good things about some Fane speakers used in basscabs.Not much help there,as different speaker is different and can't prove that every Fane speaker is great for bass.Hiwatt is using some kind of Fane speakers,right?Maybe it's similar?

Anyway,if they sound good,keep them.I would.