Why become a member? ×

Fingerboard Oil or laquer?

soopercrip

I've replaced the damaged fingerboard on my project with some purpleheart, which I've never used before.
I know with Rosewood it's lemon oil or boiled linseed, and laquer for Maple, but unsure which road to go down.

The grain is tight-ish without any deviations from straight.

Laquer and paint I have used on the body and neck are acrylic, so don't want any 'confrontations' between nitro laquer.

???

Andy

Forgot to say that the point is that I want to maintain the colour. When cut or sanded the purpleheart is brown then 'blooms' purple as the surface oxidizes. This can fade with age according to the research I've done on google, and I'd like to keep the colour (the bass is now sparkly purple as of yesterday) without too much maintenance.
Some of the american 'wood people' websites are recommending using 'Armorall' a car interior spray to protect the colour???
[url="http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_155283_langId_-1_categoryId_165651"]http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_155283_langId_-1_categoryId_165651[/url]
Although oils are hard to penetrate the wood and the colour fades, can't find any details of how it lasts with a laquer finish.

Help guys please. :(

Andy