Why become a member? ×

Deez Nuts

Randy_Marsh

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1324317562' post='1472970']
I'll have a listen when I get home... Saw these live supporting Bring Me The Horizon a year or so back. They were truly awful live at the time. We thought they were a comedy act at 1st! Bass sound was very clean/ampegy overdrive when I saw them.

Shep
[/quote]

I've seen them when they've been on their own and they were awesome! Seen BMTH a few times (not through choice, just on the same bill) and thought they were so bad everytime haha.

Yeah, BMTH were a hell of a lot worse! Awful band. Lol (The missus likes them).

The clip sounds very much like a chunky ampeg tone into something like a Tech21 Bass XXL. I used to have one and it sounded dry much like that! Jon from Karnivool uses it for some dirty tones too and again, it sounds quite similar.

Shep

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1324321501' post='1473031']
Yeah, BMTH were a hell of a lot worse! Awful band. Lol (The missus likes them).

The clip sounds very much like a chunky ampeg tone into something like a Tech21 Bass XXL. I used to have one and it sounded dry much like that! Jon from Karnivool uses it for some dirty tones too and again, it sounds quite similar.

Shep
[/quote]

Cheers Shep. My eden is super clean, so I thought I'd definitely need a pedal to get a sound like that one. I love Jon from Karnivool and his tone, favourite has to be the dirty sound he gets on Simple Boy.

Yeah. That's an Boss ODB-3 an a Tech 21 XXl Bass, one I to the other (spoke to him after a Nottingham show a while back). ODB to add grit (any OD should do), the the XXL is a sharp spiky kinda distortion but is really dynamic with the attack on the string. Jon does use Ampeg or Ashdown amps to though so slightly grittier than your Eden to start with.