Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT-CL 300watt All Valve head. £750. Sold Pending.

ben604

Here's my Ampeg SVT-CL up for sale at £750. It's in excellent condition with no missing tolex and sounds great.

Just today, 7th January, it's had a valve replaced, biased and checked over by Dave Lunt, a well regarded technician in Manchester. Tested to be putting out the full 300 watts with a nice clean signal showing on his oscillator! Interesting to see a tech at work!

It sounds just like an Ampeg should, I just can't justify carrying 35 off Kgs into sh*tty pubs every weekend!

Collection from the Wirral, or meet up within 50 miles of CH49 for petrol monies!

Some pictures:

Edited by ben604

Ben
I kind of get where you are coming from on this one, I have a USA SVT AV and a Terror Bass and although the Ampeg has a great sound I sometimes wonder if it warrants the 35kg's!! The TB for the size and weight has a great tone, even better now I have a pair of 5751 valves in it....I say keep it and try and pick up a TB 2nd hand and have the best of both! Jem

Jem, if only £350 was that easy to come by at Christmas!

I'll sell for £750 cash, collected from the Wirral too. I could ship it, but you're looking at £40 and the inherent risk of shipping such a heavy item, although I'd pack the crap out of it.

Edited by ben604

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...