Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Musician MC924 Ltd Edition SOLD

bassgeek

(DING ALERT!!!!!)If you like to[attachment=93378:HPIM0049.JPG] buy basses in pristine condition, then don't waste your time going any further..Step away... :) Ahem...
This is a very unusual example of 1980 Musician series...I have yet to see another one like it...
It has an ebony board, with Ltd edition inlay, ash body with unidentifiable facing wood..the usual 3 band EQ, and passive switch..
I have owned this for 26 years, and sadly, now I only play a 5, very rarely played nowadays...
Since my decades long search for the right 5 string, It has always been my yardstick...I've spent sometimes 3 grand on a 5,only to discover that the ibanez wipes the floor with it !!!....It is still the best sounding bass I've ever owned!...From dub, to Glassy highs, to Marcus M, to Jaco...even managed to get a sousaphone sound at a trad jazz gig!!....
Now the hard bit....There are many faults....dings galore...it was stolen, and recovered, but sadly not the fitted case..It suffered some damage, whereby the velve tune machines were replaced with Fender type Shallers...the truss rod cover was missing when I bought it,, and on some gigs, but not all, prone to rf hum...(turning 5 degrees to the left or right cures it)...There is a slight shielding problem...all of these faults can be sorted by a competent repairman....
Despite it's faults, this is still a great bass...a true classic, designed to be played..... a workhorse, not part of a collection....I'm not desperate to sell, but someone out there will love this instrument...
Considering faults etc, the asking price is £450...If there is any interest, I will upload more pics....
[attachment=93327:HPIM0023.JPG]

Edited by bassgeek

[i]Hi bassgeek iv bought a musician bass same as yours a few weeks ago and must say i am well impressed i have fenders warwicks yamaha and 2 ibanez guitars i used my musician at practice last week and the lads in the band said it sounded better than all my other guitars so i think who ever buys yours is getting a real good bargain. Good luck with the sale mate catch you later.[/i]

Edited by HADGE

[quote name='Gray' timestamp='1321565073' post='1440832']
I managed to aqquire one of these last year - I love Musician basses and the limited edition one is an astonishing instrument.

Don't need a spare kidney (or alternately an 81 Polar White Musician) in trades do you bassgeek ?

Gray
[/quote]

Hi Gray...
Yeah...Great instruments...esp the Ltd edition ones...sadly, I only play a 5 now, and due to limited space, I've reluctantly decided to sell...Errm...might need a spare liver soon tho... :)

[quote name='HADGE' timestamp='1321566225' post='1440851']
[i]Hi bassgeek iv bought a musician bass same as yours a few weeks ago and must say i am well impressed i have fenders warwicks yamaha and 2 ibanez guitars i used my musician at practice last week and the lads in the band said it sounded better than all my other guitars so i think who ever buys yours is getting a real good bargain. Good luck with the sale mate catch you later.[/i]
[/quote]

Thanks Hadge..
The last time I used it was at a 3 day salsa clinic...I was a bit late for the first session, due to being stuck in traffic, and barely had time to plug it into the unknown amp in the room, or tune it, let alone fiddle with the EQ...luckily, it sounded great from the first bar..
the tutors were the first to comment on it's sound, and continued to do so for the next 3 days...
A couple of years later, I bought my dream bass, a flame maple 5 string Warwick Streamer Stage 1...absolutely gorgeous....but I couldn't get a sound that fitted anything I was doing...(I'm sure many great players out there have no problems with theirs)....I sold it after a few months...I've had the Ibanez for 26 years...
Catch ya soon...