Why become a member? ×

Pick-ups and preamps for sale!!!

One friend of mine ask me to put for sale here and to do some photos of his pick-ups and preamps from his basses. He upgrade some of his basses and teasted some pickups.
Here are pictures and prices:

[b]Bartolini XXP46M - 175 euro[/b] - like new condition

Hum-cancelling Split coil - Deep Tone
(These will work well with 74-95mm string widths) *Two conductor pickups

[b]Norstrand DC6 Soapbars - 19 mm. they are custom made from a Roscoe SKB6 strings - 275 euro[/b]

These pickups are available in two different versions. One set is designed to be wired in parallel,
and the other is designed to be wired in series.
The reason we do this is that a pickup that is made to sound good wired parallel will usually
be too hot and dark sounding if wireed in series. So, we put less wire on series dual coils than parallel dual coils.

In general, a pickup wired in series will have a fuller and fatter midrange with a subdued high end than a pickup
wired in parallel, which will typically have more highs and a deeper low end with a cleaner midrange.
Series pickups also have more output than parallel pickups.
Parallel pickups generally are a better choice for a split-able installation as there will not be the gain
loss associated with series style pickups.

[b]MTD Kingston KZ 6-String Bass pick-ups and preamp 150 euro[/b] [b]or 80 euro pick-ups and 70 euro the preamp.[/b]

[s][b]Demeter Preamp 150 euro[/b].If anybody wants demeter with norstrand I can sell both for 400 euros.[/s]

Thank you!

Edited by ovialexm1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...