Why become a member? ×

Hello ...at last!

amewse

Hi All,
Just wanted to say hello, been a BC member for a while but only just getting around to introducing myself. Returning to the bass after nearly 20 years, my previous bass was a custom Jazz that I built myself using a Double Eagle neck, SD Quarter Pound J pups and a Schaller roller bridge. I made the body from a slab of Brazilian Mahogany from a chap in Bristol who's father bought the tree way back in history, sounded fantastic but was alas sold when times were hard. The parts were bought from Bristol Guitar Workshop now long gone I suspect as is another favourite haunt of the time, Bristol Musical in Redland run by a great chap called Brian (I think) who didn't seem bothered about a bunch of skint youths spending much of their Saturday afternoons abusing his gear for free. I last played around Bath in the mid 80's in a funky outfit just for fun.

Having picked a up bargain Kramer 450B on ebay - the bass of my dreams when a youth but way too expensive for a student in the early 80's, I am getting back into it. Somehow I know deep down I can be good again but the left hand seems to be playing a different song to the right at the moment, compounded by the Kramer being fretless! Amplification is now provided by a Roland Micro Cube from another BC'er to get me started, a bit a change from the H&H monster back in the 80's but a great little amp for home.

Great community here on Basschat. Thanks.