Why become a member? ×

Help with Behringer BXL3000A please!!!

stoko

Help! I've got a behringer bxl 3000a and it's stopped. No 'bang', no 'it wont turn on', it just stopped mid song.
I'm guessing it might be an internal fuse or something straightforward, but I cant get into the bleedin' thing!!!
I cant work out how to get into the unit without ripping off all the covering and taking the cab to bits - is there an easier access way?
Cheers all!

Well having just looked at a pic of one - there appear two be two screws on the sides of the cab that line up with the amp chassis.

I'd undo those first and try sliding the chassis out.

If that doesn't work then I'd undo the bolts holding the handle onto the top of the amp - they're often doing two jobs (holding the strap in place AND the amp chassis as well).

Well, I've not seen one of these in real life but there is usually only one way in and I reckon you've found it! :)

As for the cause of the power down, take a look at the internal fuses and replace any blown ones with the exact same type (there will be a 'T' or an 'F' before the rating of the fuse - it's important).

Whatever happens, don't be tempted to use a higher rated fuse - if the fuse has blown, it has blown for a reason and I can pretty much guarantee that trying to circumvent the issue will cause damage way beyond the cost of a new amp to fix.