Why become a member? ×

Enclosures

KingBollock

I've got a couple of ideas for simple projects to keep me busy without spending too much. One of the ideas it to make my own rackmountable power distribution board with surge protection and lighting, front and rear. The trouble is finding an empty rack enclosure that doesn't cost silly money. The one in Maplins is too deep, I only need about 4 inches, and is a bit too expensive. Any one know an alternative source?

Also, I want to make a 3 way footswitch. The case will have to be aluminium and wide enough to take 3 footswtiches leaving enough space between them so that I don't end up pressing more than one at a time. Again, the one in Maplins is more than I was hoping. A slightly cheaper alternative was to use a square enclosure and have the switches staggered, which would save me a couple of quid but wouldn't be my preference purely for aesthetic reasons.

So, where do people that build their own pedals and stuff buy their enclosures?T

Thanks for any help.