Why become a member? ×

Wireless headphones/in-ear monitors

pantherairsoft

Hey folks... Looking for advice.

With any luck I'm on for a substantial bonus at the end of the month and am looking to invest in a few bits to sort out my set up... Wireless goodies!

I currently have 2 cables running from my pedalboard to the bass - one running the audio signal and one sending me a metronome click for my headphones. The instrument lead is all sorted, where I need some help is with my metronome.

Myself and my drummer use a click live for much of what we do. Wireless monitors are notoriously expensive, but I'm in a situation where I'm wondering if I can get away with some wireless headphones. Basically the quality of sound being received really doesn't matter, as long as what does come through, comes through clean and without interference. I receive nothing but metronome click so a wide frequency response is also no problem.

Our drummer controls the metronome tempo etc, so I need something with a compact receiver to sit with him, no further away than your average stage (10m should be fine, 20m would be nice - just in case).

As this is only for a metronome and I can 'cope' with the headphone extension lead I'm currently using from the headphone amp/splitter I'm looking for suggestions with cost in mind (cheaper the better). I actually prefer overheads too.

Anyone have experience using wireless headphone rather than dedicated in-ear monitors or is this a serious stupid-never-going-to-happen kind of thought.

Shep