Why become a member? ×

Stingray 2EQ, **SOLD**

captain black

Hi,
None of my gear seems to be selling so it's come down to this.

Firstly,
I'm selling a beautiful Stingray which I've only just got my hands on a few weeks ago.
Please note, the fact I am selling is no reflection on the standard of the instrument, this is a fine example and just about the best 'ray I've played.This was going to be my second gigging bass after the '76 precision.
But now I just need cash.
It has a gorgeous birds-eye neck with a rosewood fingerboard and comes with a natty Liberty strap, smart little dunlop straplocks and a 'gator' style hard case. You really have to look to find any scratches or marks of any kind. weighs around 10lbs on my luggage scale.

[attachment=90859:IMGP0312.JPG][attachment=90860:IMGP0313.JPG][attachment=90861:IMGP0314.JPG][attachment=90862:IMGP0316.JPG][attachment=90863:IMGP0315.JPG][attachment=90869:IMGP0323.JPG]

Mmm....nice.

Looking for [b]SOLD[/b]
Secondly,
My 1981 Fullerton fender Precision Special.
These are quite rare (I think this is one of only three or four that I've ever heard about on this site).
It's in pretty good overall condition for its age as can be seen.
It comes with a used but perfectly serviceable Hiscox hard case. This was my main gigging bass for a couple of years and, as much as I love it, it just isn't getting played that much now.
It was the first 'active' precision. It has bass and treble controls when active (the treble acts as 'tone' when passive) and a preamp which, I think is cut and boost (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
The only issue is that the stacked treble and tone pot needs reconditioning or replacing.
I was in two minds whether to do this before selling or not, but I thought I'd put it up and see what interest there is.
weighs about 11.5 lbs on my luggage scales.

[attachment=90864:IMGP0317.JPG][attachment=90865:IMGP0318.JPG][attachment=90866:IMGP0319.JPG][attachment=90867:IMGP0320.JPG][attachment=90868:IMGP0321.JPG][attachment=90870:IMG_320811.JPG]

As modern precisions are going for upwards of £700 just now. Does [b]SOLD [/b]sound about right?
BTW, I have the Brass thumb rest and the original pick-guard also.

anyway, it's a bit of Fender history.

More pics available on request obviously.
Cheers,
Joe

Edited by captain black

Pete,
I agree, this is a bad time to sell, but its a great time to be a buyer. As long as you have spare cash there are some real bargains to be had. I sadly don't. :)

Chris,
I'm happy to post to Europe, as long as its insured and so on. Oh, and it would be better if the buyer could arrange for the courier also.
Ta,
Joe