Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn! :(

Ben Jamin

[color=#0000FF][b][size=5]The input's just started to play up, which is the first problem I've had with this amp (perfect timing!), so I've withdrawn it. :lol:[/size][/b][/color] (and removed pictures etc)

My first ever bass amp! Loads of sentimental value - but trying not to amass too much unused gear/raising money for a new amp etc. It's a Crate BT220 in good condition - a few tiny marks here and there (the biggest of which I've tried to photograph). Not many people will have heard of it I guess, and the reviews that are out there a pretty mixed. Some people hail it as a fantastic amp for the money and some report some quality issues - but for what it's worth I've had this amp for a few years and it's worked fine from day one. I've found it really handy for smaller gigs in pubs/cafes etc. It's relatively small, the wheels and handles are solid and the in-built tuner is pretty good. :)

Anyway, I've been saving up like mad for my birthday this November, which hopefully should be enough to order a custom head/cab from Matamp :) So I'm in no rush to sell, as it's still my only amp at the moment (although it never gets any use outside the bedroom as I normally DI with a pre-amp or borrow a head for the gigs I do), but I'm looking for around £125 for it? Or a trade/part exchange for a small cheapish head, a good-quality gigbag/hardcase and/or DI pre-amp (money adjusted either way - I can throw some cash in for a good trade). I believe they sold for £400/450 whilst they were being made, then down to £200ish for clearance when they were discontinued. All offers entertained either way! :o

[b]I've got access to a studio so I can get some sound samples if anyone's interested?[/b]

So here it is:

From left to right:
-15db pad on/off
Mute switch
Channel 1 (clean): level (blend with channel 2), low, low mid, hi mid, high
Channel 2 (dirty - footswitchable): gain, shape (tone), level (blend with channel 1)
Switch to override channel 1/2 blend so that when footswitched only channels 1 or 2 are selected accordingly, not blended together.
Channel 3 (octave - footswitchable): one knob - less or more octave :)
Master
CD input
Headphone out

On the back:
External speaker out (speaker cable)
DI out with ground lift, pre/post EQ and volume
Effects loop send and return

On the top:
Built in chromatic tuner!

Inside:
15" speaker
220 watts :o