Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 2001RB into EBS Proline 4X10...HELP!

AlistairScott

Manual here - [url="http://www.gallien.com/manuals/2001RB-2001RBP.pdf"]http://www.gallien.c...1RB-2001RBP.pdf[/url]

2001RB setup for Normal Operation:
The 2001RB series amplifier is configured for normal operation when you are connecting to any cabinet with a 2 conductor Speakon cable, 1/4” to 1/4” speaker cable or 1/4” to banana plug speaker cable. In this setup, the speaker cabinet is driven by the 540W amp and the 50W tweeter amplifier is not used. If you are using RBH series cabinets, the volume of the tweeter (relative to the woofer’s volume) can be adjusted using the Horn Level control of the cabinet’s internal crossover

You are using the first instance - as in the cab will only be driven the 540W amp. So in other words, make sure the amp isn't bridged, plug in your 2 conductor speakon (take the cable apart and you'll only see two cables inside) to the "left" output of the amp, and other speakon at the end of the cable to the EBS cab and you're in business.

Forget about the bridging or crossovers, you don't need them in this case.

Edited by EBS_freak

I know stuff all about the cab, but unless it's a 2Ohm cab, there's no reason not to bridge it.

If you're running at 4 or 8 Ohms, bridging will get a higher wattage out of the head. If you're running at 2 Ohms, then don't bridge it, each side will go down to 2 Ohms so make sure you don't plug in anything else into the same side as an existing 2Ohm cab.

I use my 2001RB-II with 410RBHs so I use the 4 pin speakons, I don't think you'd damage it by using the same leads into a normal cab, but I'm not 100% so please don't take my word for it.

If you're using 1 8Ohm or 1 4Ohm cab, bridge it and plug into the far right speakon, if you're using 2 8Ohms plug them into the two speakons on the right with it bridged, if you're using 2 4Ohms, use dual mono and plug one in the right speakon and one into one of the ones on the left of the dual mono/bridged switch, if you're using 4 4Ohms, use dual mono and plug into all four sockets, if you're using 1 or 2 2Ohm cabs, you need it in dual mono and plug in one max per side. :)

Edited by ThomBassmonkey