Why become a member? ×

TC BH500... cabs, impedence, switchable presets?

windowlicker

ok, so now I've got over being gutted by Ampeg, and having some feedback from some of you lovely people, I'm thinking of going for TC BH500...... anyone know, if you go for 1 cab rather than 2, do you still get the same output power? i.e. is it lower wattage into 1 than 2 cabs? or could you get the full output from 1 cab at higher impedence? (not sure, I'm not technically minded or even sure about terminology, but the question makes sense to me, if I'm being thick, feel free to tell me!)

Also, the nifty memory setting where you can store your control settings like a preset.... is that foot switchable at all? if it were, given you can get OD, different EQ, compression, tuner..... who'd need a pedal board?

answers on a postcard.......

If you go for 1 8Ω cab, you'll get about 2/3 of the amps power going to it. If you go for 2 8Ω cabs, you'll get 1/2 the amps power going to each. If you go for 1 4Ω cab, then you'll suck all the power out your amp & get a barely noticeable increase in volume & not be able to add another cab if you need more volume.

Here's a good topic to read...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/3730-gain-power-and-volume-a-confusing-menage-a-trois/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/3730-gain-power-and-volume-a-confusing-menage-a-trois/[/url]

Alex is good at explaining this stuff.