Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

music stand choises?

Pbassred

I have a old stand that collapses into nearly nothing, but it looks like its made from old coat hangers. Like this:
[url="http://www.djmmusic.com/mmDJM/Images/KM-100-1B-AI.JPG"]http://www.djmmusic.com/mmDJM/Images/KM-100-1B-AI.JPG[/url]

Its too lightweight for a book though.

THe maplins one is sturdy but it doesn't fold away, so its not really portable.

Any suggestions in the middle?

The one pictured is the one most jazzers now use as the Real Books we all refer to are too heavy for the smaller models and are they are thus prone to collapsing mid-tune.

They aren't that cumbersome. I can't believe you'll hump a 48kg bass cab and then moan about a music stand!

Just to round off the thread:-
I had 3 choises:- Find a high street store that stocked one, Buy on line, go to maplins. I went to maplins in the end. The local shops which had on-line prices were charging £25+ . Put my time and parking in there and you have maybe another fiver. I already tried the shop at Bluewater which had almost no stock of anything(is it closing down?). Online gives you no guarantee of build quality. Maplins sold at £18.

Its ok. Sturdy, except for the carry bag, which is the cheapest sack you exer saw. The plastic ( :) ) zip busted as I opened the bag for the first time! It folds in 2, which the picture doesn't show.