Why become a member? ×

Lefties getting stung

steve-soar

[quote name='tauzero' post='160727' date='Mar 20 2008, 12:38 PM']Surely most modern mass-producing instrument factories are using CNC machinery for all the body and neck cutting, shaping and routing, so there's no additional machinery or tooling required?[/quote]

1 gold star for this post

completely right, a custom build should be no more expensive to actually create anyway due to its nature.

A CNC mill can be flipped from right to left in 2 seconds although fender et al would have you believe this is incorrect.
Supply and demand is the reason for the price hike but it does not justify it and their blatent lies about the situation only anger left handed players more.

I think the worst thing any companies do is colouring. Fender now offer black or sunburst for lefthanded players
thats is

Its all nonsense, every large scale manufacturer keeps a stock of bodies and necks ready for any paint someone might order.
Offer the full range and just ship it in 2 colourways but if someone wants red let them order it. Maybe there are less lefties but I dont think that means there are less personalities and favourite colours. I will not buy a Fender until they adjust this. Not that that will make a blind bit of difference to them.

/rant

[quote name='Minky' post='787802' date='Mar 27 2010, 01:58 PM']I've found it quite exciting being a left handed bassist. There's always that initial sense of anticipation when you walk into a guitar shop. Two things usually tend to happen 1) You ogle at the beautiful selection of RH basses then leave quietly 2) there happen to be a few left handers but they're not worth the wood they've been made. There is the odd ocassion that you spot a top class LH bass but it's usually grossly overpriced. Still exciting times though.[/quote]

Indeed.And very occasionally walk in,spy the solitary L/H bass hanging up covered in dust,say"you've had that a while,how much do you want for it?" and walk out with a bargain.