Why become a member? ×

Tone Nobs...

gothpugs

My yammy rbx170 was customed before I got it, pure cosmetic paint job and coloured metal tone nobs.

My issue is, it got dropped and one of the nobs came off, the nob just slotted back on and still turns etc but the nob is now prone to falling off if the bass gets a knock.

Basically I have two issues,

1. how can I stop the nob falling off?

2. how do I tell which nob is which? Now either I'm a completely tone deaf noob (very possible) or there is no descernable differance when i turn any of the nobs, and none of the nobs say on them what they are!

Complete noob questions i know, but at least the thread is good for a lol at the excessive ues of the word nob :)

If the shafts from the pot are split then just stick a flat bladed screw driver init till it seperates enough to hold the knob on, do it gently though as you'll need some pliers to squeeze the top back in a bit if you go to far. If its a solid shaft then you need to tight the grub screw in the knob or get some knobs with grubs screws.

That's the 3 pot job isn't it?
If so I'm [i]guessing[/i] L>R from the front; tone, vol, & pickup pan (instead of a switch) But it's fairly cheap cost wise as basses go, so in that case the electrics are always one of the places they cut corners at.
The tone pot would be easy to replace with one of same spec but better quality; WD are good for pots.