Why become a member? ×

STATUS SERIES II 1990 (NOV) MODEL

terry k

ok i,m considering letting this beauty go! as the title says its a 1990 series 2 four string headless which i,ve had from new.considering its coming up to its 18th birthday,its in fantastic condition.i tend to look after my basses!!apart from a couple of small grooves on the pickups(not sure how that came about but in no way does it affect the sound)its pretty amazing.
the serial no.is 538 and it was completed on the 6th november 1990.i still have the registration/warranty card too!about 18months ago i had a john east pre fitted (plus a stone fret)by Martin at the gallery in London and it really enhances the sound with the added bonus of the extra mid control.i still have the original status pre so the option is still there to refit if required.

it comes with original status hardcase plus i have a spare set of new elites 40-100 which i,ll include.
even as i type this i.m having reservations about letting her go!so i guess this is a feeler?

dont really know how much to ask for so maybe leave it open to offers if anyone would like to pm me.if that doesnt seem a good idea tell me!!obviously i,m not letting her go for silly money so hit me with your thoughts!

i,m guessing shipping would be in the region of £35ish?or it could be collected.i live on the Wirral which is on Merseyside

Terry

Is the pic of the hardcase your'e selling with the bass, or selling it separately? It might fit my Overwater 6, and im looking for a flightcase. Theres another im looking at also, but I would need to retrim the foam to fit, but if this one might fit my 6er, then I might be interested in this flightcase.

[quote name='overwater#1' post='158548' date='Mar 16 2008, 07:48 PM']Is the pic of the hardcase your'e selling with the bass, or selling it separately? It might fit my Overwater 6, and im looking for a flightcase. Theres another im looking at also, but I would need to retrim the foam to fit, but if this one might fit my 6er, then I might be interested in this flightcase.[/quote]
sorry i,m selling the case with the status. i do have a status gig bag too,so you never know,somebody may prefer the gig bag to the flightcase ? then it may be available.

[quote name='overwater#1' post='158548' date='Mar 16 2008, 07:48 PM']Is the pic of the hardcase your'e selling with the bass, or selling it separately? It might fit my Overwater 6, and im looking for a flightcase. Theres another im looking at also, but I would need to retrim the foam to fit, but if this one might fit my 6er, then I might be interested in this flightcase.[/quote]

You would have had to cut the headstock of ya OW to fit that case!
Didn't your six come with a case? Should do for the price!

Oh s**t..... Of course, your status is a headless.. im so dumb!!!

Yeah It has a case, I have a plastic hardcase which it came with, same as your Overwater 5 was in Ian, and an OW gig case... but Im doing a tour of China, and possibly Prague, or Amsterdam, and a fully blown flight case for the bass would be good!!

[quote name='overwater#1' post='158568' date='Mar 16 2008, 08:25 PM']Oh s**t..... Of course, your status is a headless.. im so dumb!!!

Yeah It has a case, I have a plastic hardcase which it came with, same as your Overwater 5 was in Ian, and an OW gig case... but Im doing a tour of China, and possibly Prague, or Amsterdam, and a fully blown flight case for the bass would be good!![/quote]
oops!sorry thats partly my fault as i didnt take a photo that shows the head/headless section!!