Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Trace Elliot AH300-12 300w Head

Willl

Possibly (subject to scraping together funds for a good lightweight replacement) I'm looking at selling my Trace Elliot Head.

It's an AH300-12 GP12.

The launch material from March 1999 says it's:

* 300 watt head.
* Valve/solid state preamp section.
* 12 band graphic EQ.
* Harmonic Emphasis.
* Switchable, variable valve gain.
* Switchable pre-shape curve.
* Noise reduction.
* Dual compressor.
* Electro-luminescent front panel.
* Full range effects loop.
* Pre/post EQ balanced DI Outputs.
* Tuner Output.
* Fan cooled.

There is so much written elsewhere about the Trace Elliot sound that I wont wax lyrical about it here. For me it's been a cracking amp for a loud rock and punky covers band playing through a mix of 4x10 and Trace 18" cabs. The cover is the TE green carpet style. It's been super reliable over the last 3 years after (just after I got it) I had GMAudio repair a failed output FET and fully service it.

I'm looking to go lightweight and take advantage of the band's growing PA so it's time for this to go...
I was asked if it could be rack mounted, and yes I think it can, and although I don't have any rack ears, the AH500 and AH1000 from the same range came in RAH (Rack mounted) form, so they're probably available somewhere. I've included a picture to show the tapped mounting holes in the side of the casing ready for the ears.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best.

It's in corking condition other than one missing EQ slider cover (highlighted in one of the photos below). I do have the optional 5 way footswitch to go with it which switches Pre-shape, Graphic, Valve, Compression and Effects Loop.

I'm looking for as close to £300 as I can get, including Footswitch not including shipping. It weighs enough to prefer pickup.

Thanks
Willl

[quote name='Willl' post='157976' date='Mar 15 2008, 02:19 PM']Possibly (subject to scraping together funds for a good lightweight replacement) I'm looking at selling my Trace Elliot Head.

It's an AH300-12 GP12.

The launch material from March 1999 says it's:

* 300 watt head.
* Valve/solid state preamp section.
* 12 band graphic EQ.
* Harmonic Emphasis.
* Switchable, variable valve gain.
* Switchable pre-shape curve.
* Noise reduction.
* Dual compressor.
* Electro-luminescent front panel.
* Full range effects loop.
* Pre/post EQ balanced DI Outputs.
* Tuner Output.
* Fan cooled.

There is so much written elsewhere about the Trace Elliot sound that I wont wax lyrical about it here. For me it's been a cracking amp for a loud rock and punky covers band playing through a mix of 4x10 and Trace 18" cabs. The cover is the TE green carpet style. It's been super reliable over the last 3 years after (just after I got it) I had GMAudio repair a failed output FET and fully service it.

I'm looking to go lightweight and take advantage of the band's growing PA so it's time for this to go...
I was asked if it could be rack mounted, and yes I think it can, and although I don't have any rack ears, the AH500 and AH1000 from the same range came in RAH (Rack mounted) form, so they're probably available somewhere. I've included a picture to show the tapped mounting holes in the side of the casing ready for the ears.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best.

It's in corking condition other than one missing EQ slider cover (highlighted in one of the photos below). I do have the optional 5 way footswitch to go with it which switches Pre-shape, Graphic, Valve, Compression and Effects Loop.

I'm looking for as close to £300 as I can get, including Footswitch not including shipping. It weighs enough to prefer pickup.

Thanks
Willl[/quote]

Superb bit of kit. PM Sent!!!