Why become a member? ×

Wharfedale Titan passive 15" speakers (pair)

Hi guy's. As part of my "downsizing" of my equipment I am selling a pair of Wharfedale Titan 15" passive speakers. They are Grey, and cost around £400 new. These are used but full working order and I am looking for around £240 for the pair. 400w - 1600w peak! Full specs here:

[url="http://www.wharfedalepro.com/Home/Products/PASSIVELOUDSPEAKERS/TITANSERIES/TITAN15PASSIVE/tabid/148/Default.aspx"]http://www.wharfedalepro.com/Home/Products...48/Default.aspx[/url]

These are for COLLECTION only, you must collect them or arrange to have them collected from me. They are light weight for the size but far too big to post, plus I have no packaging for these.
I live in Nottingham about 5 minutes from junction 26 M1.
You can make me a serious offer, you never know I may accept, but no silly offers please! PM me if you are interested. They will be advertised on Ebay on Sunday if there is no confirmed interest here, thanks.

[attachment=88576:007.JPG]

[attachment=88577:008.JPG]

[attachment=88581:012.JPG]

[attachment=88580:011.JPG]

[attachment=88579:010.JPG]

[attachment=88578:009.JPG]

Edited by clarkpegasus4001

[quote name='P-T-P' post='1360757' date='Sep 3 2011, 10:39 AM']My band are using Titan 12s for FOH and 8s for monitors at the moment and they are fab bit of kit. Can only think that these 15s would be every bit as good, and louder![/quote]

Hi Pete. Yes they are a fab sounding speakers lots of volume and warm. I am selling these to buy 2 X 12" Wharfedale Titan speakers actually, and probably a single 12" Wharfedale Titan active. They should be enough for my needs as we only use them for my vocals. The Titan 15's are physically big but lightweight for their size. I bought them from a female singer in Sheffield and were used for vocals so they have not been abused. Due to my new car not having that much boot/rear end space (Seat Ibiza Copa), I need smaller one's, so i'm downsizing everything.
My new Tecamp cab takes up all the boot! :) and the new speakers will go on the back seats. :)

Do you think an 8" active monitor would be loud enough for a pub/club rock band? Tony.

Edited by clarkpegasus4001

[quote name='clarkpegasus4001' post='1361238' date='Sep 3 2011, 07:43 PM']Do you think an 8" active monitor would be loud enough for a pub/club rock band? Tony.[/quote]

We use a couple of passive 8s for monitors and even rehearsing full band with just vox going in and they cope fine. If space is an issue they'll do the job but the 12s have a heck of a lot more poke for not an awful lot more cash or weight so they'd be my preferred option if I didn't already have 8s.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='P-T-P' post='1365833' date='Sep 7 2011, 10:01 PM']We use a couple of passive 8s for monitors and even rehearsing full band with just vox going in and they cope fine. If space is an issue they'll do the job but the 12s have a heck of a lot more poke for not an awful lot more cash or weight so they'd be my preferred option if I didn't already have 8s.[/quote]

Thanks for that Pete. Last night I ordered new.... 2X12" passive Wharfedale Titans for my main PA speakers and a single 1X12" Wharfedale Titan active speaker for my vocal monitor. I reckon they should be plenty loud enough for what I need. Any large venues that we play such as Rock City here in Nottingham have their own PA anyway and we generally only play pubs/small clubs. They should be here by Friday in plenty of time before next Thursdays gig :) I just need to sell my 15" speakers now to help cover the cost :) I've spent a small fortune this last couple of weeks.....and I ain't quite finished yet! :lol: