Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Trade/Sale Laney Probass head & 4x10 cab

Booooooom

Sadly it's time to say farewell to my trusty old Laney 150W Pro Bass head and matching 4ohm 4x10 cab. I've had them for around 15 years (most of which they haven't been used) and think they were 5-6 years old when I got them. The heads got 11 band eq, hi and lo parametric eq, pre-shape, limiter, effects loops etc. Serviced this year with no problems. Good condition for age, a few nicks in the covering but all the drivers work fine and are the fane originals. Nice n loud and never had any trouble being heard in 4 and 5 piece bands and with all the eq a good range of sounds can be achieved. Black denim covers and kettle lead included.

Interested in a trade for a 5 string OLP MM or Squier Jazz, sansamp DI or £150ono for sale.

the manual is at:
[url="http://www.laney.co.uk/manuals/PB150%20Manual%20-%201991%20-%20Issue%201.pdf"]http://www.laney.co.uk/manuals/PB150%20Man...20Issue%201.pdf[/url]

[attachment=87993:Laney_4x10_cab2.jpg]
[attachment=87992:Laney_4x10_cab.jpg]

Edited by Booooooom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any chance of splitting? And is that £150 for both? Any Idea on weight?

Also any close up pictures of the front panel/ any notable nicks? (Though it does infact look to be in great condition!) / What are the frequencies of the graphic EQ? (No need to answer directly if you can get a close up picture up, can only really see 40, 80 and 100)

Thanks in advance,

Sorry for bombarding you with questions but it'll help your sale either way!

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1373358' date='Sep 14 2011, 04:04 PM']Any chance of splitting? And is that £150 for both? Any Idea on weight?

Also any close up pictures of the front panel/ any notable nicks? (Though it does infact look to be in great condition!) / What are the frequencies of the graphic EQ? (No need to answer directly if you can get a close up picture up, can only really see 40, 80 and 100)

Thanks in advance,

Sorry for bombarding you with questions but it'll help your sale either way![/quote]

Thanks AttitudeCastle

Yes, £150 for both or trade for a 5-string (Squier jazz or OLP MM?). Postage/courier extra but will travel to meet half way within reason.

The Graphic sliders are (l-r): 40Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, 350Hz, 700Hz, 1k4Hz, 2k6Hz, 5kHz, 10kHz and 15kHz.

Parametric eq (top dial): 250Hz, 300Hz, 400Hz, 600Hz, 1kHz and 2k5Hz with ±10 boost/cut Gain bottom dial. (both smooth sweeps not notched).

It really hasn't seen much use in the last 15 years, maybe 15 gigs with weekly rehearsals for the first year or so I had it. Used in the studio a couple of times. Other than that very occasional use until around a year ago. Since then I've done another 5-6 gigs. I've never had any issues with it. I got the head serviced earlier this year as I'd started using it again. Some of the toggle switches on the front were replaced but only because they were bent, other than that no work was needed.

head - 13Kg
cab - 32Kg

I'd rather see it go together but offers to split will also be considered.

I've replaced the head pic with a hi-res version

Cab has a few scrapes and nicks which for its age I'd describe as good condition, while the head is in very good condition.