Why become a member? ×

Wanted - DB Pickup

Hi Brewster,

I've got a Bassmax for £60 posted to UK. Never been gigged.

I got a posh Full Circle and a new adjustable bridge and switched to that, but the Bassmax worked well enough. If you don't like it I can refund you and you can post it back to me.

[quote name='brewster' post='1351625' date='Aug 25 2011, 06:48 PM']Hi

I'm after a half tidy double bass pick up, preferably a bass max or similar. I've got a set of Ultra blacks on so magnetic pickups won't be any use.

Thanks in anticipation.

Brewster[/quote]

Edited by fatback

Seeing as fatback has the bassmax option covered, here's an alternative: I've got a rather nice Shadow SH950 doing nothing that you can have for £70 posted (UK) and same deal on refund minus postage if you don't like it and post it back to me. It has two elements, one for each side of the bridge.

I'm now running a K+K golden trinity (bassmax plus microphone), although was toying with the idea of replacing the single element bassmax in that with this shadow SH950 but haven't yet .... the wiring on the golden trinity is so nicely done I haven't had the heart to cut it up!

Bought it for £80 (http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=129716&hl=baboom), gigged it a few times but fairly tame gig environment. The fancy velcro stuff for sticking onto the tailpiece has lost most of its glue although it stuck just well enough on mine it might need a helping hand with some double sided tape by now.