Why become a member? ×

G&L hissy fit

krazy_olie

I think it's always been there and just didn't notice due to using a 15" (or a t least a number of years) but there is a very significant hiss coming from the bass (L2000 tribute) when in active, and it's more prevalent when it's in "active with treble boost" mode. No problems with passive that I can notice.

Weirdly it is the same volume regardless of all other controls, volume, pick-up switches, treble etc...

Sound like a problem with the preamp? It needs a set-up anyway but seeing as I usually use it in passive mode anyway I don't really want to fork out loads of cash to fix it.

My guess would be a capacitor or some component on the preamp board itself like the op amp but not really able to fiddle with that.

P.s I have tried a fresh battery.

Thanks in advance!

I have never noticed any buzzing but then again I use it in passive mode most of the time. I`m pretty sure that all the active circut does is boost the signal as the tone controls are passive all the time, but don`t quote me on that :)

Jez