Why become a member? ×

Mayones custom shop Be4 ***withdrawn***

Graham

Hi all,

I'm selling my Mayones Be4 bass, specs are below, it's a cracking hand-built instrument and I'm a little loath to part with it as I recorded my band's first album with it but it's not really the tone I'm going for these days so I'm selling it to fund a P-bass for the covers band I've just joined.

Amazaque body
Arch-top
Mahogony neck with maple strips
Rosewood fretboard
24 frets
contoured neck-joint
EMG active single coil pickups (custom feature)
Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp (custom feature)
Mayones branded hardcase, Mayones strap-locks, manual and allen keys

The custom pickups and pre-amp were fitted at the factory when it was built (usually Bartolinis) and really add to the instrument; tone wise it's very clear and punchy, but with all the bottom end you'd need. The pickups are harmonically rich and detailed and the pre-amp is superb - best description I can think of is tasteful, adds or cuts in each band very nicely.

I play in a metal band and it has a great sound for that - no more getting lost in the mix! - But would definetly suit a rock, funk, jazz, fusion or pop player just as well.

It's currently tuned B-E-A-D but obviously nothing the local guitar shop couldn't change

I've had to withdraw this for now as I need it for a recording project, but it may be back depending on circumstances.

Edited by Graham

Cheers guys, hopefully get it sold soon as I can't wait to go bass shopping - I've been reading through the tonewood thread and am looking forward to A/B testing two precisons with Maple and Rosewood fretboards :)

Ebay ended up pulling the add becasue I'd used Warwick and Spector's brand names in the title - didn't know you can't do that :)

If you want to hear it, I recorded all the songs on the below Myspace link using it

www.myspace.com/echovirus

Cheers,

Graham

Edited by Graham