Why become a member? ×

Amp GAS gone!

ern500evo

I used my complete Warwick rig for the first time at rehearsal yesterday and am completely GAS free this morning! I ran it flat, with the second tube stage switched in for most of the stuff and with the Tonepump on my spector flat, and was amazed by the lack of tweaking needed. I had so much clarity i may need some extra practice on my technique as there was nowhere to hide! Even without using my Hyperdrive pedal my Spector had a lovely growl to it. One thing i did notice though was the volume difference. It wasn't much of an issue as the Warwick cuts through so well, but if i'd used the same volume settings on my ABM500 it would've probably taken the windows out! After what seems like months of looking/listening to amps and cabs and going through the whole "Should i go lightweight" debate, i am very very happy with what i've ended up with. Only problem i need to address now is do i part company with the ABM and 8x10, or keep it as a spare and to use with my USA P bass when i do stuff with my mate's blues band. Not a bad problem to have i guess!!

[quote name='markinson' post='1341185' date='Aug 15 2011, 09:10 PM']Yeahh!!!! I've got a couple of warwicks cabs (WCA 211 Pro + WCA 115 ND) and I think it is good stuff.[/quote]
I'm certainly impressed with it so far, it is good stuff,and the fact the majority of people are going lightweight means you can pick up some real bargains. Happy days!