Why become a member? ×

Wanted - bass tutor in South West London

Scotticus

Are you wise in the ways of low end?
Do you have fingers of doom which you use to play rock/metal/proggy stuff?
Would you like to teach me some of that shiz?

I've been playing for about 2 years, in a band since day 1 (switched away from guitar to get into this lineup and have never regretted it). Having just started to take on session work outside of the band, I've realised that there are gaps in my theoretical knowledge, I still have some bad "guitary" habits to shake out of my technique, and I could do with a weekly kick up the jacksy from a much better bass player.

One slight oddety is that I'm totally blind, so you'd need to be able to break theory down verbally rather than showing me it on paper, and describe new techniques and/or be willing to adjust my grubby paws from time to time (I promise the blindness isn't contagious :)). Other than those two things, it hasn't made a difference in my previous lessons on other instruments. Still, thought it was worth mentioning.

Price-wise, I have £25 per hour to spend on this. Ideally lessons would take place at my humble abode in Wimbledon (apparently I make tea like horse piddle, but squash and biscuits will be provided). I can travel to you if needs be, so long as you're somewhere close to a station within half an hour of Wimbledon.

Any takers? Shoot me a pm if you're interested and we'll go from there. Looking to start ASAP.

Cheers
Scott

• 9 months later...