Why become a member? ×

FS BFM DR280s - Bass / PA cabs £240 each SOLD

mrtcat

I have for sale two BFM DR280 cabs. These make excellent bass cabs and even better PA cabs. I built these last year as a rough test to see whether the BFM thing was for me. The finish quality is OK but not my pro standard that I now offer in custom builds. I have reflected this in the price tho as I'm looking for just £240 per cab which barely covers materials. They are loaded with Eminence Kappalite 3012 drivers so this is a real steal for the buyer. They have been run for about 6hrs in total.

They sound amazing and go very very loud. They would work well inside or for outside PA situations where a good long throw is an advantage.

[attachment=86512:IMG_2340.jpg][attachment=86513:IMG_2341.jpg][attachment=86514:IMG_2342.jpg]

Edited by mrtcat

Looks interesting.. Whereabouts in Costa del Oxford are you based? :-)

[quote name='mrtcat' post='1332101' date='Aug 8 2011, 02:06 PM']I have for sale two BFM DR280 cabs. These make excellent bass cabs and even better PA cabs. I built these last year as a rough test to see whether the BFM thing was for me. The finish quality is OK but not my pro standard that I now offer in custom builds. I have reflected this in the price tho as I'm looking for just £240 per cab which barely covers materials. They are loaded with Eminence Kappalite 3012 drivers so this is a real steal for the buyer. They have been run for about 6hrs in total.

They sound amazing and go very very loud. They would work well inside or for outside PA situations where a good long throw is an advantage.

[attachment=86512:IMG_2340.jpg][attachment=86513:IMG_2341.jpg][attachment=86514:IMG_2342.jpg][/quote]

Bit of a bargain for someone , because the Kappa's 3012ho speakers are great , and look at the current price of them

here !

[url="http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=EMIKLIT3012HO"]http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=EMIKLIT3012HO[/url]

I have just completed a BFM Jack 12 which is great , I think these would sound even bigger.

Good luck with the sale.

Those are the exact drivers in these cabs. Like I said I'm only just covering material costs as these were built as a test of both the design and my abilities in speaker building (I'm a cabinet maker by trade). DR cabs are a long winded and complicated build so you're getting about 150hours of labour for free.

They weigh about 48lbs (25kg) each. They're both 8ohm cabs as are most bfm PA cabs so that you can run 2 of each side of an amp if you really want to deafen the neighbours.