Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SY35 Synth - £60 !

Hi,

Yamaha SY35 synth for sale. Good condition and functioning normally - except some sticky keys (needs key springs replacing or bending back into shape - not a hard or expensive job but a touch tedious). Bargain price £60 collected from sunny West Yorkshire. I'm selling because I have to many keyboards in the house.

Blurb about SY35 as follows :-

''The Yamaha SY35 is a bit unique in that it is a Vector Synthesis system, combining FM and AWM sample playback voices to create sounds suitable for virtually all kinds of music. It features significantly expanded memory capabilities over the SY-22. It has an extremely large database of over 128 AWM sampled sounds (you cannot add more) and around 256 FM waves. Waves and samples are combined and edited with a roller/joystick (the vector wheel). At a time when Yamaha was making the switch from FM synthesis, which ruled their synths of the eighties, to AWM and AWM2 synthesis in the nineties, the SY-35 represents a model that was on the cusp, having one foot (or pair of oscillators actually) in each world.

Programming is an extremely tedious affair, as all values are modified via the "-1" and "+1" buttons. But the SY-35's sounds are extremely good, providing high-quality sounds such as those found on the Alpha Juno 2, and the DX-7. The synth also features an 8-part multi-mode, for easy multitimbral setups. Ultimately, while an extremely difficult synth to program, the SY35 offers a huge amount of capability for a relatively low price tag. Use this synth for epic pads, deep basses, screaming leads, and raging hoovers.''

I'd argue the programming bit - its pretty easy if your familiar with basic synth techniques - I'll also include the manual. In addition to the blurb above the acoustic pianos aren't bad (when sitting in a mix), the electric pianos are very DX like, the organs very useable and the strings are excellent.

Heres a video of a chap running through some patches

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKk5FjOxR0w&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKk5FjOxR0w...feature=related[/url]

Any questions please pm me.

Cheers

Gray

Edited by Gray

• 1 month later...