Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Sold on thE BAY

GONE - IT'S REAL GONE!!!!Here is my Boss BR1600 CD 16 track digital recording studio. This is the top model of the Boss range, and it retails at the Boss regulated price of £979 new. Price drop - now I'm asking a reduced price of £475.
It comes with its own power supply & its original box, all the paperwork with the two manuals – the quick guide & the full manual.

This machine has been uprated & fitted with an 80 gig hard drive by an approved Boss technician (copy invoice for £130 from September last year with the recorder), and updated software.

[attachment=86339:Boss_BR1600CD__4_.JPG][attachment=86340:Boss_BR1600CD__1_.JPG][attachment=86341:Bo
ss_BR1600CD__7_.JPG]

I had the new hard drive fitted as a result of the only time I lent it out – and it came back faulty – the guyI lent it to just unplugged it from the mains instead of powering it down in the correct sequence! (It does mention it several times in the manuals!) There is now a total recording time of a massive 248 HOURS on it now!

The great thing about it is you can record up to 8 inputs simultaneously live – it really is great for a live band recording.

It has two headphone outputs on it so – for example, you can have a mate record straight in on his guitar – there is a specific extra input for this, he can listen & play on one set of 'phones & you can listen & set the levels, apply eq. etc. on the other output.

You can apply effects to the recordings, do drum tracks on it & bass lines – there is a CD with it that I've never opened from Boss with a drum library on it.

You can get all the details of it for the link to the Boss site here:-

[url="http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=574"]http://www.bossus.co...p?ProductId=574[/url]

It has USB connection, ¼" jack sockets for the inputs or 3 pin XLR, and can provide 48 volts Phantom power for condenser microphones. It has lots & lots of facilities, and you can totally immerse yourself in it – then, when you have finished, you stick a CDR in it & - there you go, a quality CD recorded & mixed exactly as you wanted.

I've had loads of fun with it & recorded lots of people & bands in all sorts of places, but I'm moving on now and don't use it very often, so it's got to go.

I'm throwing in a pair of ATA 1118 headphones with it as they will JUST fit in the box & they are what I used with it. A bit flaky on the ear padding, but they have a great sound.

I can post it by carrier for about £9, (but another £22.50 if you want insurance of £500 on it)!

Alternatively I'm in Morecambe so you could call, pay cash & save the postage charges. I do get down to Manchester & Oldham now & again, so I could bring it down there.

Edited by Stompbox