Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II IBG 50

Shylock

I am probably buying a second hand ten year Aria IGB 50 (probably paying too much at £150 but includes a very good wooden hardcase I can use for my MIM PB) but can find little info about it. The person I am buying it from reckons it cost about £350 10 years including hardcase.

Are these any good? Seem to be similair to IGB 40 but with covered pole pieces and it is not active. Seems to get good reviews, for the money, and I have seen prices quoted in at US$400-600. Ash body.

Looks well finished and is in excellent condition.

Any info would be welcome. Cheers.

Edited by Shylock

[quote name='Shylock' post='1324865' date='Aug 2 2011, 07:57 PM']I am probably buying a second hand ten year Aria IGB 50 ... but can find little info about it. ...

Are these any good? Seem to be similair to IGB 40 but with covered pole pieces and it is not active. ... Ash body. ...[/quote]
All depends which Integra (IB/IGB) 40 and 50 you're talking about. There are a lot of variants. Basically, the differences are, the combination of pickups (50J had two jazz pickups; 50P had a precision/jazz combination), and whether passive or active; and the combination of woods (with rosewood (both 50P and 50J) or maple (50CT and DX) carved tops; or solid saman or ash wings. High-end models were neck-thru, while lower models were set-neck or bolt-on. To pin down the exact specification you need to identify the year of production first, and then refer to the catalogues current at that time.

Edited by noelk27

[quote name='noelk27' post='1324932' date='Aug 2 2011, 09:46 PM']All depends which Integra (IB/IGB) 40 and 50 you're talking about. There are a lot of variants. Basically, the differences are, the combination of pickups (50J had two jazz pickups; 50P had a precision/jazz combination), and whether passive or active; and the combination of woods (with rosewood (both 50P and 50J) or maple (50CT and DX) carved tops; or solid saman or ash wings. High-end models were neck-thru, while lower models were set-neck or bolt-on. To pin down the exact specification you need to identify the year of production first, and then refer to the catalogues current at that time.[/quote]

Thanks - hmmmm a lot more research seems necessary.

Edited by Shylock