Why become a member? ×

Peavey Combo115 possible meet considered

Pbass1

Hi up for sale is my Peavey combo115 ,

I purchased the combo new in approx 1996

I have recently replaced a broken top vent, and reglued the carpet that was coming away on one edge,

Ive also repainted the metal corner protectors etc in primer and matt black, and it has also had a thorough cleaning and tidying, which now makes it a very presentable and giggable combo

this combo has rarely been used above 2 of 10 due to almost always going through a large PA

combo alone is very loud (used a trace 150 whilst in for service, and had to crank it right up to hear myself) if you heard this you would believe me!

all works well and creates a very loud clean and clear sound,

it is rated at 210 watts @ 4ohms with internal speaker and 300 @ 2ohms

weighs approx 95 pounds

has a Black Widow speaker,

a built in crossover for bi amping

fx send and return

built in compressor

Can only be picked up from Derby if anyone is interested for £100 ono

Cheers Paul

Edited by Pbass1

The powered cab is a dedicated top cab.
The Scorpion drivers do not do bass, really.
But when you put it on a TNT, a Combo 115 or Combo 300, it adds another dimension.
Also works as backup monitor.
You can get practice sounds with a preamp straight in.
Also works as a passive guitar cab.

Edited by Thornybank

[quote name='Pbass1' post='1321115' date='Jul 30 2011, 09:53 AM']bump for updated info on 210[/quote]

Are you open to selling them seperately? I've got a 1 x 15 Peavey cab and am looking for a 2 x 10 to go with it.

What would you expect for the 2 x 10 on its own?

Cheers

[quote name='SwissTony77' post='1321146' date='Jul 30 2011, 10:46 AM']Are you open to selling them seperately? I've got a 1 x 15 Peavey cab and am looking for a 2 x 10 to go with it.

What would you expect for the 2 x 10 on its own?

Cheers[/quote]
Hi looking to sell together really as a complete rig, the 210 is not really a full range bass cab, as it is designed to be bi amped, and to only deal with high frequencies

Cheers Paul

The crossover is in the Peavey combo. The 2x10" is a powered cab specifically designed to work with Peavey combos,they did a similar 2x8" for the smaller combos. I've used this set up ( with a mk 6 stack with 2 1x15"s) and it really did open up the sound. And if transport wasn't an option I would be buying this. I

• 2 weeks later...

These are bullet proof, so popular with practice rooms.

On the one hand, practice room owners are always cashless.
On the other hand, they buy new Ashdown stuff and it always gets trashed/fries from hours of diming.

Worth a phone/email around with a clear price?

[quote name='Thornybank' post='1348946' date='Aug 23 2011, 01:03 PM']These are bullet proof, so popular with practice rooms.

On the one hand, practice room owners are always cashless.
On the other hand, they buy new Ashdown stuff and it always gets trashed/fries from hours of diming.

Worth a phone/email around with a clear price?[/quote]

cheers Thornybank may well have to try that if it doesnt get sold on here

Ill also have to try the ebay route if I have to

I think people would be surprised how loud these things are

Edited by Pbass1

hi the 210 is not a standard full range cab and needs to be operated from a crossover for biamping, it can only handle high frequencies when this is done it really works well, and you can hear the sound separation, until you step away then you hear the combined big clean loud open sound

this also allow the 115 Black Widow speaker to work more efficiently dealing with just the lows

this really is a great gigging rig for somebody at a very low price approx weight of the 210 watt powered 210 is 67 lbs

combo 115 approx 95lbs so not light

and pickup only from Derby

Cheers Paul