Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Overwater Progress III Elite

lozbass

For sale only (no trades thanks), an Overwater Progress III Elite 6 string fretted.

I think the bass is around 6 or 7 years old (copper shielding foil on the back of the cavity plate is possibly covering the original sticker?) Excellent condition with some minor playwear - no nasty scratches, dents, dings, dongs etc. but a few minor, very small and shallow impressions in the lacquer.

Flame walnut facings, bookmatched to centre on the front. Lovely rosewood (I think) board and heavily flamed maple centre laminate in the 5 piece neck. Usual fantastic Overwater construction and electronics (3 band pre and Overwater pickups). The bass comes with its original Hiscox case in used but but very clean and sound condition. Scale length is 36" - spacing feels like 17-18mm at the bridge (I haven't checked, but comfortable for me).

Playability is excellent - action is very low and string compliance is lovely. I'd disassembled the bass for thorough cleaning in the pics, but it's now had a pro set-up (this week) with brand new, light gauge DR Hi Beams. Ergonomics are well thought-through (an Overwater speciality in my experience) and the bass is supremely comfortable - the 36" scale feels like a 34" (and I'm sensitive to this kind of thing!)

Times are hard, but in all honesty this is a bargain. I'll take £945 collected in central Manchester (no offers please, the price is firm - this spec. on a new bass from Overwater would be over £3300! - I'll also give a donation to Basschat) Shipping to the UK will be around £20.

There's just one minor issue with the bass - I noticed on return from the set-up that there's a slight earth hum. Probably just a poor connection or a wire off somewhere - the bass will go in to the tech. for correction this week. If you're handy with a soldering iron (I'm not) and can sort the earth yourself, I'll knock £20 off (so £925 for collection).

Pictures are below (some with strings now!) The flame walnut is not as dramatic as it looks in some of the flash images - it's very lovely but more subtle - the non-flash images give a better impression.

Any questions, just ask.

Edited by lozbass