Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tell me about the Yamaha BB G5A

geoffbyrne

I snagged one of these off Ebay for <£100. Pics when I get it. Anyone got anything to tell me about it?

I note it has V/P/T/B - I have a 3-band semi-parametric Artec in the drawer I'm thinking of installing. The 2-band Artec I have in my Hohner B Bass Pro is pretty decent.

I have flats on my BB415, so I'll put rounds on this.

In the meantime, somebody please buy the Peavey Cirrus BXP I have in Sales!!!!! :)

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1308677' date='Jul 19 2011, 12:18 AM']I snagged one of these off Ebay for <£100. Pics when I get it. Anyone got anything to tell me about it?

I note it has V/P/T/B - I have a 3-band semi-parametric Artec in the drawer I'm thinking of installing. The 2-band Artec I have in my Hohner B Bass Pro is pretty decent.

I have flats on my BB415, so I'll put rounds on this.

In the meantime, somebody please buy the Peavey Cirrus BXP I have in Sales!!!!! :)

G.[/quote]

Not tried the G4 but I've owned a BBN4 and two 80's BB3000's, so pretty much both ends of the Yamaha range and I was well impressed with them.