Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** NS CR4M EUB *Price drop* £950 delivered in UK**SOLD

Ok guys, after much heartache and umming and ahhing, I've decided to let my beloved NS CR4M go.... :)

It's just not getting played enough at the moment and could really do with the cash, you know how it is...

I bought the bass new from the Bass Centre in 2002 for £1895 and since then it has seen a lot of use, both professionally and recreationally. This is the real deal, made in the Czech Republic, featuring both EMG's and the NS polar piezo pickup in the phenolic bridge. Check out the specs for yourself here on the NS website [url="http://thinkns.com/instruments/crbass.php"]here[/url]
Anyone who knows NS basses will know what they're looking at anyway, I'm sure.

The bass has been lovingly cared for over the past 9 years and is in excellent condition. There are however a few minor dings/ markings on the bass. I have tried my best to point these out in the pics, but it was really difficult to do so, as it's more a case of [i]feeling[/i] them, as opposed to seeing them. For example, if you run a finger along the curved bottom end of the bass, it feels a little bumpy due to small dings, but these are pretty invisible when just looking at the bass The most significant mark is on the back of the bass, where the chrome stand screws in (see pic) but once the bass is on the stand, this totally invisible of course.

The dings and markings on the bass were largely due to the pretty sub standard tubular gig bag that came with the bass. I replaced this a few years back with an Undercover gig bag from America. This offers much more protection than the standard tubular bag that came with the bass. It has a pocket for the chrome stand and a bow pocket, as well as another pocket for strings, rosin etc.

As for the strings, I've been using Pirastro flexocor Orchs over the past few years, to get closer to the sound of a DB. The sound is much damper with these (especially the E string) but they don't work very well with the EMG's as they are rope core. Although, the original NS flatwounds are not to everyone's taste, I've put them back on the bass, so any potential buyer can experience the full range of sounds of the bass, through both the EMG's and the Polar bridge pickup. Lots of mmwahh and sustain from these! I will also include the Pirastros though, which alone cost me £110 new! :) There is also a German style bow and some Pops rosin I will throw in.

I'm now looking for [b]£950[/b] and will sort out delivery (in the UK) - unless the bass can be picked up from Liverpool.

Any questions, send me a pm.

Thanks for looking, here's some pics....

Edited by Bobby K

No NS love out there, or is it a case of no cash out there...?

I'm guessing the latter, given these hard times! I'm still wrestling with this, whether to let it go or not.... :)

Any feedback on the listing would be much appreciated (pics could probably be better I know)

Just to clarify, delivery will be done by me personally, either direct to your home if feasible distance wise, or to a halfway meet point that can be negotiated.